Webinar: Introducing Green Button
Presented by the Association for Demand Response and Smart Grid
January 20, 2012
12:00pm – 1:00pm EST
View a recording of this webinar
To download presentations from the speakers, click on their names below
ADS Members can download the Q&A from the Webinar here
The DOE Green Button FOA can be found here
You may have heard recently the term “Green Button” and wondered what that referred to. Or you may know what Green Button is, but want to know more.
On this Webinar you learned what you want to know.
Last September, U.S. Chief Technology Officer Aneesh Chopra challenged the utility industry to enable consumers to download their detailed usage with the simple click of a “Green Button”. His goal was to spur industry to rapidly and consistently develop a means of access by consumers to their electricity data. The voluntary adoption of an industry-developed standard, Green Button offers opportunities to empower consumers and help them make more informed decisions about their energy usage with a growing array of new software tools and services. This Webinar served to explain Green Button further.
- Nick Sinai - Senior Advisor, White House Office of Science and Technology Policy
- Chris Irwin - Smart Grid Standards & Interoperability Coordinator at U.S. Department of Energy
- David Wollman - Deputy Director, Smart Grid and Cyber-Physical Systems Program, and Manager, Smart Grid Standards and Research at NIST
- Zahra Makoui - Interim Director - Technology Innovation Center, Pacific Gas & Electric
- Brendan Blockowicz - Prime Services, San Diego Gas & Electric
- Chris King – Chief Technology Officer, eMeter
Webinar: “Introducing Green Button
Friday, January 20, 2012
12:00 p.m. – 1:00 p.m. (Eastern)
This Webinar was free to all participants and is sponsored by:
For more information:
Jenny Senff, Manager, Programs and Outreach